Religion, Spirituality, & Atheism
Yassmin Abdel-Magied: What Does My Headscarf Mean to You?
Devdutt Pattanaik: East vs West - The Myths That Demystify
Chelsea Shields: How I'm Working for Change Inside My Church
This video contains an interview with Francine Christophe. Francine was born in 1993, and she was deported to the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp in 1944, where she lived until she was released in 1945.
- How would you describe your identity in relation to your spiritual or religious beliefs#x3f;
- In what contexts, if any, do you feel that your spirituality and or religion would be considered a privileged identity?
- In what contexts, if any, do you experience oppression because of your spiritual beliefs & or religious identity?
- How do your spiritual beliefs & or religious identity interact with other identities that you hold, such as your ethnicity, race, gender, developmental life stage, family culture and sexual orientation?
- What is your comfort level working with clients whose spirituality or religion differs from your own?
- How comfortable are you talking about spiritual and or religious beliefs and how they may impact identity with clients?
- In what situations might spirituality and or religion be salient in the counseling relationship?
- How might you bring up spirituality or religion with your counseling clients?
- How important do you think it is for counselors to be aware of their own spiritual and or religious beliefs and their potential to impact the counseling relationship?
- What activities might counselors engage in to become more aware of how their own cultural identities impact their world views, values, biases, beliefs, ways of working with clients, and ways of relating to clients?
- What were your reactions to the videos on this page?
- Were there some you were drawn to?
- Were there any that elicited strong reactions?
- How did the videos on this page demonstrate the relationship between religion or spirituality & identity in relation to other cultural factors such as gender, developmental life-stage, family culture, sexual orientation, the culture of the United States, and other cultures?